TechInPacific – The diversified financial service provider in PNG, Kina Bank, has its native innovation KONNECT integrated into its mobile banking service.
The app is part of the bank’s ongoing commitment to becoming the country’s digital bank of the future, and one of the end-to-end solutions offered to its customers.
Customers can inquire about transactions, fund transfers, top-up services, and account inquiries from the service.
Registering for the service is made easy by dialing *525# on phone.
The following steps are as below:
- After dialing *525# by clicking the call key, Write 1 (Register (TC’s Apply) and click send.
- Enter an 8-digit account number and click send.
- Enter your valid date of birth (DDMMYY), click send.
- Enter the last 4 digits of your Kina Bank Debit Card, and proceed.
- Write 1 to confirm the displayed details of your registering information, and proceed. The service will display an error message if the given information is invalid.
- If the register is successful, you will receive a thank you message from the service and a temporary login pin will be sent to you via SMS.
- After receiving the SMS with the temporary pin, dial *525# and enter the pin. The service will ask you to create a new pin, and after writing the new 4-digit pin, enter send.
- Confirm the new 4-digit pin by writing 1 and click send.
- A confirmation screen will appear for the successful change of the pin.
- Now a tap of *525# will take you to the selection of features the service offer, such as payment among others.
The CEO and Director for Biluminous PNG Ltd, Crystal Kewe said the app offers a seamless experience.
Kewe shared that it took less than ten minutes to set up an account and says, “The process was simple, intuitive, and fast. Now that’s ‘innovating’ in great customer experience! In a fast-paced world like today, being seamless is the new game.”
Kina Bank is now en route to acquire Westpac PNG and Westpac Fiji, which is waiting for the regulatory approvals to be announced at the end of 2021. The bank has also recently signed an MoU with NCSL for a homeownership loan offered to the company’s staff in search of new homes.
Customers who wish to register for KONNECT and requiring assistance can contact the bank call center on:
Phone: 308 3800, or
Email: [email protected]